The Dangers of IPL And Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal Side Effects
IPL and laser are the most convenient ways to remove unwanted hair for a lengthy time period. After 6 to 8 sessions, that are spread over a period 2 to 3 months, many folks will realize a decrease of 50% to 80% in hair growth. In most cases, hair will grow much thinner and with lighter tone color.
Laser Hair Removal Side Effects Video
In a nutshell, beware of the so called expert…
Laser Hair Removal Side Effects Video No.2
What Are The Laser Hair Removal Side Effects?
Below are the most common laser hair removal side effects
- Sensitivity to the sun
- Redness, swelling, and/or itching
- Recurrence of the skin issue
- Changes in skin pigmentation
- Demarcation line
- Blistering, scabbing, and/or crusting
- Fat loss
12 Conditions When Laser Hair Removal Could Be Dangerous For You!
Laser Hair Removal Side Effects, When To Not Use It!
Who is the right candidate?
When using at home!
12 Good Reasons When Not To Use Home IPL Systems
—SKIN INDEX ABOVE—
If your skin is darker than index 4, please use the “Me my Elos follow this link” hair removal product that has been approved for treating dark and medium dark skin as per number 5 on the enclosed chart.
- If you have dark skin due to long skin exposure to the sun, tanning bed, tanning cream in the last little awhile.(couple of weeks)
- If you have a pacemaker or a defibrillator, refrain from using the home “Me my Elox”. This unit does send radio waves and will influence the proper functioning medical equipment.
- If you had any type of cancer even pre-malignant moles, do not use laser or IPL as the bright flashes that causes heat will be intensified on either a mole or skin tag and will most likely cause a burn. This is because they have a high melanin content. It is always recommended to cover the skin tag or large freckles with a “laser removal white pencil, get it here” prior to laser or IPL. The same applies to birthmark or scars.
- If you have a cardiac disorders or other severe conditions. IPL or laser feels like hot zaps when working on the skin. Especially if you have sensitive skin, it may induce a cramping of the muscles within that area where the treatment is being done.
- As there are no medical trials or studies, if you are pregnant it would be a good idea to stay away. Not that there is a risk from the light, but rather the induced contractions it causes.
- If you had any operation (surgical procedure within the last 3 months). Check with your doctor
- If you have epilepsy. The rapid light pulse may trigger an attack
- Obviously if you are using hair growth stimulant like Minoxidil
- If you have an history of bleeding or if you are using anticoagulants like Coumadin
- Any active skin conditions in the treatment area like eczema, herpes, sores in general, rashes etc,. The IPL or laser may just complicate your current situation.
- If you are using medication of any sort including vitamins or food supplement that will induce photosensivity to light, just stay away
You need to use common sense. If you have any conditions, simply consult your doctor, that’s the safest way to ensure that you will not end up with more issues.
When Laser Hair Removal Is Not Safe
Hair Removal Creams – These are smelly lotions that cause chemical interaction, which breaks down the hair cells. After the hair removal lotion is applied, the hair follicle will fall off when the area is wiped with a cloth. This method is very effective, easy to use. The most important thing, there is no ‘pain’ involved. Most hair removal creams are not that expensive, check this hair removal cream for men and hair removal cream for women. The main issue is the unpleasant odor and the fact that it is a shorter term solution.
Electric Shavers – They are also a nice and easy way to remove hair. No pain involved too. The electric shavers today can do a very close shave! Some of them are wet/dry shavers so they can be used inside the shower for a comfortable shaving session. The main issue, is that it’s as well a short term solution, and must be constantly maintained for a smooth feeling. Here is a highly recommended wet/dry shaver for women.
Epilator Systems – The Epilator systems do the same hair removal just like wax. The main difference is that waxing means a lot of problems, wax warmer and wax sticking to everything. And of course waxing hurts a lot, it is not for everyone! The new epilator machines can rip the hairs from the roots nice and clean and with much less pain. Here is the most recommended Epilator.
As well, please consult your doctor before using any other methods!
As you see you have many other options, which are safer than IPL or laser to have a smooth body. As you can tell by now, there are serious implications when it comes to laser removal side effects. But if you are not sure, always consult your doctor. At the end of the day, your doctor is your friend and will help you through your medical decision making.